If you will be in Detroit next month for the 221st General Assembly, please plan on attending the Presbyterian Writers Guild luncheon on Thursday, June 19. Highlights of the luncheon include:
- Presentation of the 2014 David Steele Distinguished Writer Award to Kathy Bostrom, author of more than three dozen books, most for children
- Presentation of the Best First Book Award to Robert John Andrews for his Civil War novel Nathaniel’s Call
- Brief addresses by the award-winners
- Information about new membership benefits
- Election of Presbyterian Writers Guild (PWG) officers
- Opportunity to purchase signed copies of PWG-award-winning books
A much-anticipated ritual at the luncheon is the singing of the PWG hymn written by late member Vic Jameson. The luncheon also is an excellent opportunity to meet other PWG members and board members and to network with other writers and aspiring writers.
Tickets for the luncheon may be purchased online for $38 each by anyone registering for General Assembly. Tickets will also be available for $40 each at the COBO Center (convention center) in Detroit prior to the June 19 event.